Loosely based upon the leather “hairnets” that cyclists used to wear before protection was a priority, we took their ventilation and classic style and incorporated them into a modern helmet design that combines aerodynamics, weight, aesthetics, and ventilation — the Airnet with MIPS.
- The MIPS system is a low-friction layer that allows sliding movement of 10 to 15 mm in all directions. Studies suggest that this reduces some of the rotational forces that are transmitted to the brain during impact.
- Although we had a hairnet shape in mind during the design phase, we first looked at the leader in the aerodynamic road helmet category, our S-Works Evade, to see if we could come up with a classic style that was not just aesthetically pleasing but is also well positioned in terms of aerodynamics. This resulted in our third fastest helmet behind the TT and the Evade. It's light, well-ventilated and looks really good regardless of your riding style.
- The 4th Dimension ventilation system with large openings, internal cross-channels and corresponding exits maximizes air circulation and ensures optimal cooling.
- The internal reinforcement of the composite material matrix enables larger openings for improved ventilation.
- Tri-Fix strap system offers high wearing comfort as well as simple, fast and constant adjustment.
- The thin, soft and light 4X DryLite strap does not expand with sweat or water.
- Reflective applications for increased visibility in the dark and at dusk
- Compatible with the ANGi emergency sensor