Why should you be forced to choose between aerodynamics and weight, between ride quality and speed? That's exactly right, we see it that way too, you shouldn't have to do it. Climb the mountain on the lightest bike the UCI approves, then ride back down on the fastest - clear the stage for the new Tarmac. We've used our most advanced technologies, from our FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider First Engineered™ frame, to build a road bike that's completely uncompromising. Gone are the days of making sacrifices between ""aero" and "lightweight" bikes - the all-new Tarmac is the fastest road bike ever. Your bike to beat them all. The S-Works Tarmac Frame is the perfect starting point to start building your dream bike, create your own vision of the perfect bike and be ready to go faster than ever.
- Aero is everything - that's what we've been preaching for years and it's still the driving force in our development. In our quest for tube shapes that would deliver the fastest frame permitted by UCI rules, we took a page from the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a variety of optimized tube shapes, we turned to their in-house wind tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike for further testing and validation. The result? The new Tarmac that's the fastest we've ever tested. No compromises, pure speed.
- While aerodynamics has been a priority in the development of the Tarmac and in the development of all of our road bikes, weight has been the co-pilot on this optimal road bike journey. In the past, compromises in weight were always made with "aero bikes" - the more you reduced air resistance, the more weight you accepted. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep the weight at or below the UCI weight limit without sacrificing aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering from the best engineers in the business, we've achieved just that.
- In our quest to create the perfect road bike, we applied our Rider First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure the new Tarmac is the most balanced and manageable Tarmac yet - regardless of frame size. With a bevy of top athletes from our three World Tour teams - Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step and Bora-hansgrohe - we made changes to the Tarmac based on their requests. We've balanced the ride quality between the front and rear wheels so that even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable - without sacrificing the Tarmac's legendary handling and race-track quickness.
- Building on the accumulated knowledge surrounding the development of the Venge, the new Tarmac uses simple integration to create a clean and, above all, fast cockpit. We've improved cable routing for every component configuration - mechanical shifters, traditional stems, round handlebars, etc. - while maintaining aerodynamic properties. The same characteristics also make the new Tarmac easy to work with and travel with.
- Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork: S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Stem: Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree
- SeatPost: 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset
- Seat Binder: Tarmac integrated wedge