When we developed the new Tarmac Disc, we did not just want to design a fast bike. No, we wanted a bike that was always the fastest and always the fastest: on long climbs, on windy plains, on Grand Tour stages and local races - in short, the most complete racer on the market. How did we do that? It started with a Rider-First-Engineered ™ frame made up of nearly 500 carbon fiber parts, which were laid out differently depending on the frame size, to ensure the same ride quality on every bike. This was added to real Aero technology, which makes the bike 45 seconds faster than the SL5 and saves even 20% weight. There is nothing lighter, faster and more agile.
- When designing the new Tarmac, we developed a new carbon layup for our FACT 12r frame with our optimization software. We were able to save almost 200 g with this technology. You are reading correctly, 20% weight saving only in the frame - your best ingredient for the next mountain stage.
- 500 carbon fiber parts individually tailored to seven different frame sizes. This enables a powerful balance of stiffness and weight for all riders. Each frame has its own layup with different arrangement and sometimes even different carbon fibers.
- With aerodynamics we can make you faster and with the Tarmac we have been able to implement aerodynamic features without having to compromise on weight. During our development, we have defined three areas where we have been able to implement aerodynamics: a new fork design, low profile seat stays with aerodynamic tubular shape and a D-shaped seat post. The result? A Tarmac 45 seconds faster at 40 kilometers.
- Meanwhile, we can count on countless Retül measurement data and could thus improve the geometry - the result is a further increased responsiveness in the steering range and a maximum short rear triangle, which transmits your power extremely directly and makes the Tarmac nimble maneuverable than ever.
- We have developed a seat post that can yield more effectively at the top where it is not clamped. Combined with lower seatstays and a modified seat tube structure, the new Tarmac is smoother than ever without losing efficiency.